Thank you for visiting EBMA's Homepage!
EBMA to receive IBMA Distinguished Achievement Award
The 2014 IBMA Award nominees were announced last night by Sam Bush and Jim Lauderdale at Music City Roots' new venue, The Factory in Franklin Tn.
- Deering Banjos
- The Delmore Brothers
- Hillbilly at Harvard
- Bill Keith ...and...
- European Bluegrass Music Association (EBMA)
- Angelika Torrie
- Rienk Janssen
- Chistopher Howard-Williams
- Chis Keenan
- Martino Coppo
Angelika and Rienk have both served on the EBMA Board since it's foundation.
And the winner is / are....
Jean-Philippe Pahud, Switzerland, won the Deering Goodtime Banjo. Congratulations!!!
It will be delivered to you as soon as possible!
Winners in La Roche-sur-Foron
Everybody there was a winner! And the winning bands are:
#1 The Jumper Cables, CZ
#2 Dunderhead, SE
#3 Springfield, FR
... more information to follow!
Get a Deering Goodtime Banjo for 3€?
Starting now, EBMA is running a competition for one lucky winner to receive a beautiful Deering Goodtime Banjo!
Courtesy of America's premier banjo maker, this Banjo will be raffled off (gig bag included) next Sunday 3 August, during LaRoche Bluegrass Festival in France! Tickets will be sold during the festival from Wednesday evening, 30th July through Sunday late afternoon, 3rd August 2014.
Even if you are not attending this wonderful festival, you have the opportunity to win via online entry!
Enter and purchase as many tickets as you wish! For each entry, a ticket (or two) with your name will be placed in the draw! Each ticket costs €3 (two for €5).
You will be helping to sustain EBMA's efforts in bluegrass and possibly win a beautiful instrument!
Many thanks to Deering Banjos (http://www.deeringbanjos.com/) for their support!
BUY YOUR RAFFLE TICKET(s) NOW UNTIL Sunday, 3rd August, 5pm!
- Buy 1 or more single (one) raffle ticket for €3:
- Buy 1 or more double (two) raffle tickets for €5:
Chris Keenan & Angelika Torrie
EBMA board members
EBMA: Working together to support Bluegrass Music across borders.
2014 EBMA Bluegrass Pioneers and Personalitiy Awards
Congratulations to this year's receipients of an EBMA Bluegrass Pioneer / EBMA Bluegrass Personality Award, namely:
2014 European Bluegrass Pioneers:
THE COUNTRY RAMBLERS (Switzerland)
RUEDIGER HELBIG (Germany)
PETR KUKLIK and JAN HONZA MACAK (Czech Republic)
European Bluegrass Personality 2013:
ROSTA CAPEK (Czech Republic)
The Award ceremony will take place during the late concert of the Lonesome River Band on Saturday 15th March 2014, 20:30hrs, as part of the 6th European Bluegrass Summit. Both summit and concert take place at the Hotel OREA Pyramida in Prague.
About EBMA's EBPPP
In 2012 the EBMA Board set up the European Bluegrass Pioneers and Personalities Project (EBPP) to recognise and acknowledge the past and present most influential European musicians, promoters, journalists, DJs, luthiers, experts, and others who contributed, and still contribute, in a relevant and significant way to establish or popularise the bluegrass music genre in Europe, and to create a European bluegrass scene and community.
The EBPPP Selecting Committee
The EBMA Board formed a special Selecting Committee comprising Paolo Dettwiler, Eberhard Finke, Richard Hawkins, Lilly Pavlak, Christian Seguret, and Bruno Steffen, with Martino Coppo as non-voting chairman. The criteria for selecting European Bluegrass Pioneers & Personalities are:
- To be born in Europe or to have lived in European countries long enough to be considered European ‘naturalised citizens’;
- To be representative of the European bluegrass culture;
- To have inspired others to join the European bluegrass community;
- To have acted in harmony with the principles of the EBMA's mission statement;
- Pioneers: To have been among the first who had a significant impact on the popularisation of the bluegrass music genre in their own country or area in Europe, with special reference to their popularity and longevity in the bluegrass music community;
- Personalities: To have promoted or contributed to promote special projects or have reached special achievements during the last year.
Members of the selection committee and serving members of the EBMA board are ineligible for nomination.
Bluegrass Europe has become more and more colourful with the printing market now allowing for a full colour print. At the same time, the EBMA board decided to lower the rates for advertising. Please check out our rates!
EBMA board of directors
Susie Bowe, Italy
Petr Brandejs, Czech Republic
Martino Coppo, Italy
Christopher Howard-Williams, France
Rienk Janssen, The Netherlands
Chris Keenan, Ireland
Dagfinn Pedersen, Norway
Angelika Torrie, Switzerland
Our mission statement:
Working together to support Bluegrass Music across borders.
- EBMA works towards an integrated European bluegrass scene that enjoys strong, mutually supporting relations with international and national organisations.
- EBMA promotes and facilitates the sharing of Bluegrass enjoyment across borders (regional or national)
- EBMA supports bands, fans, musicians, organisations, professionals and everything connected with Bluegrass
- EBMA is a non-profit, professionally-run, dynamic and inclusive organisation
- EBMA adopts the core values of IBMA
The European Bluegrass Music Association strives to
a) further bluegrass music in Europe by getting more people interested and involved,
b) further European bluegrass musicians and bands and
c) enhance bluegrass music's image.
This shall be achieved in particular by:
- annual gatherings
- a website as the main means of communication
- contacts between European bluegrass people (networking)
© 2014 European Bluegrass Music Association
EBMA, c/o A. TORRIE | FIECHTHAGSTRASSE 4 | CH-4103 BOTTMINGEN | SWITZERLAND
Ph: +41 61 423 96 91 • Fx: +41 61 423 96 90